The Journey is the official 8-week Associate Member Education Program of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. This program guides Associate Members through a process of empowerment and self-discovery by implementing positive education through a series of lessons and activities facilitated by their respective entity educator(s).
Each meeting is structured in a group style setting where the educator will facilitate activities, open dialogues, and personal reflections.
The goals of this Education Program are to:
- Begin the journey of becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Woman
- Maintain and enhance commitment of a lifetime of service to Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Develop and enhance an understanding of self
- Leadership Development
- Understand and apply the Sigma Lambda Gamma value system to self
- Develop a sense of sisterhood that empowers both self and others
- Understand entity operations
What sisters have said about The Journey:
“It has allowed me to find myself as a young woman and learn how to cooperate with others. It has taught me to be the main source of motivation and sacrifice for my line sisters. It has taught me that I can do anything that I set my mind to.”
“The bonding exercises in the Journey have really allowed me to get out of my comfort zone. I was able to express myself to others in a an environment where I felt completely safe and supported.”
“It is getting to see how each of us bring our own values, perspectives, and experiences and get to go through this together, through the ups and downs and know we will be there for one another no matter what.”