Basic Eligibility Requirements:
Membership in Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. is divided into two main categories: Collegiate (members currently attending four-year colleges and universities), and Alumna (members who have graduated from a four-year institution).
- Alumna Membership in Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. is limited to women who have earned a baccalaureate degree or other degree from a recognized four-year college or university with a minimum 2.6 cumulative GPA based on a four-point scale.
- Alumna membership may only be gained through an Alumnae Association and the Graduate Member Program.
- Potential members of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. cannot have been initiated for membership in another intercollegiate sorority, other than an honorary or professional fraternity/sorority.
To see if there is an active Alumnae Association in your area, please check the Entity Locator.
Establish an AA
For more information about establishing an alumnae association in your area, please contact Director of Alumnae & Volunteer Development, Brianna Peral, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A group of initiated members may collaborate to create a local Alumnae Association. The criteria for creating an alumnae association are as follows:
- A minimum of 5 initiated women of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. must be assembled to becoming chartered.
- Each petitioning Alumnae Association submits the following:
- Each petitioning member must complete the Alumnae Member Profile Form.
- A name for the Association. Alumnae Associations are named by geographical area (i.e. Chicago Metropolitan, or District of Columbia Metropolitan).
- A one-time Chartering Fee of $250.00
- Bylaws for the Alumnae Association. Modified bylaws must be sent each paperwork cycle.