Becoming a member of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. will provide your student with a number of experiences that will help prepare them for not only a career, but for life. Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. offers many opportunities to help its members become Empowered Women Leading the World. Some of the opportunities include:
- Leadership skills: Holding a position in the entity, helping to plan an event, mentoring a younger student, attending a National Event, are just a few ways that leadership skills are honed through membership in Sigma Lambda Gamma.
- Academic success: Required study hours, academic success plans, resources provided by the sorority and University Greek life offices help students achieve more academic success.
- Educational programming: Each entity hosts a number of programming events and has the opportunity to attend programming on University campuses. Topics range from alcohol awareness, personal safety, study skills, career services, cultural awareness, and many more are covered by educational programing.
- Enduring friendships and alumni contacts: Being a sister does not stop at graduation. When someone joins, they are a Hermana Por Vida/Sister for Life. With almost 30 years of history, entities in 35 states the Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. community has an array of alumnae who are there to help, guide and support all their sisters.
- Developing a sense of civic, social and cultural responsibility: Believing in giving back to the community, your child will have opportunities to participate in social justice issue and share cultural experiences with not only their University community but the greater community as a whole.
- It is fun: The most immediate benefit for your student is all the activities and events sponsored by their individual entity and their university greek system as a whole. Whether it is an individual entity event, another university organization’s event or a National Event, your student will be surrounded by a group of students who know how to enjoy themselves responsibly and create friendships that will last a lifetime.
Be supportive, and learn as much as you can by asking your student questions before they join. Encourage your student to learn about all the opportunities at their university. In addition, allow your student to make their own choice (especially if you yourself are Greek). Your support should not end after the Intake period but continue throughout your student’s years in school. Once your student joins Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc., take advantage of any opportunities to help the entity out whether it be moral support, financial support, or just being there to listen.
Resources for Parents
If you have any questions contact Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Headquarters by email at email@example.com or phone at 319-774-5370.